10-year-old dies from toxic gas poisoning in Sharjah

123rfanton

An investigation has been launched after a 10-year-old boy died in Sharjah from suspected toxic gas poisoning.

Police say the Pakistani expat was exposed to unregulated pesticide from a neighbour's apartment.

He died shortly after arriving at a local hospital.

His mother and sister were also hospitalised but discharged later.

More from Local

Coming Up on Dubai Eye

  • Entertainment Extra

    1:00pm - 2:00pm

  • Afternoons with Helen Farmer

    2:00pm - 5:00pm

    Every weekday afternoon, Helen Farmer will help you to navigate the highs and lows of life in the UAE. Stay up to date with what’s happening and where to go.

BUSINESS BREAKFAST LATEST

On Dubai Eye

  • Flying Taxis

    It sounds like an episode of The Jetsons, but the sight of flying taxis whizzing around our cities could be much closer than you think.

  • Tough penalties for deliberate tax evasion

    The UAE has said that tougher penalties will come into force from 1st August for not keeping proper corporate tax records.