Using Beyond burger patties from Spinneys you can re-create this delicious burger/sandwich super simply in your kitchen. Chef Justin Snyder of Wildflower Poke has provided us with the recipe, Check it out!
Vegan Fast Food in Farmer's Kitchen
This Vegan Burger will BLOW YOUR MIND! 🍔 Grab Beyond Burger patties from Spinneys Dubai and re-create this 'Beyond Patty Melt'. Helen's in Farmer's Kitchen with Chef Justin Snyder to walk you through it... www.dubaiye1038.com/farmerskitchenPosted by Dubai Eye 103.8 News. Talk. Sport on Thursday, February 20, 2020
Firstly create your own thousand island sauce using these ingredients.
1. Finely mince red onion, garlic, pickles
2. In a mixing bowl- add vegan mayo, mustard, ketchup, sriracha, pickles, pickle juice, red onion, garlic, pickles
3. Mix until incorporated- can be stored in air tight container for 3-5 days
Secondly, You'll want to make an onion and mushroom mix to add to your sandwich. Its super simple, here's how to make that...
1. In a pan add 1tbs olive oil and once heated add the onion. Season with salt and stir gently for 2 minutes
2. Then add the white mushrooms.
3. Then add the peppers and the garlic. Cook until light brown and caramelized.
Lastly here's how to cook the beyond burger patty and finish your sandwich!
1. In a sautee pan add olive oil, wait until smoking
2. Lightly season beyond patty with black pepper
3. Sear the beyond patty
4. In another pan add 1tbs vegan butter and lightly toast one side of each bread
5. On the bread is toasted on one side add the beyond patty, the onion mushroom mix/cheese. Season with a little black pepper
6. Place the bread pieces together to form a sandwich.
7. Add 1tbs of vegan butter to the pan and toast each side of the sandwich while pressing down. Then will make the cheese melt while keeping it hot.
8. Cut in half and enjoy with a side of the thousand island sauce.