Prep time: 35 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 18 minutes
For the chutney
210g light muscovado sugar
½ tsp SpinneysFOOD Crushed Chilli
1 tsp SpinneysFOOD Fine Salt
2 tsp yellow mustard seeds
160ml cider vinegar
160ml brown vinegar
1 SpinneysFOOD Cinnamon Stick
For the tartlets
2 sheets frozen puff pastry
125g round aged goat’s cheese
25g roasted walnuts
1. To make the pluot chutney, halve the pluots and discard the pits.
2. Peel and roughly chop the onions.
3. Put the pluots and onions into a large stainless steel or enameled pan with the raisins, sugar, chilli, salt, mustard seeds, vinegar and cinnamon stick.
4. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and leave to simmer for an hour, giving the occasional stir to reduce the risk of the chutney sticking.
5. Preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7.
6. To make the tartlets, thaw the puff pastry sheets.
7. Leave the rind on, and cut the goat’s cheese into 2cm-thick rounds.
8. Roughly chop the walnuts.
9. Place the pastry sheets on top of each other and press together.
10. Using a 9½cm-round cutter, cut out 4 rounds.
11. Using a 7cm-round cutter, gently score a circle in the center of each pastry round. Prick the center with a fork.
12. Top each with a round of cheese.
13. Place the pastry rounds on a large oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
14. Cook for 16-18 minutes, or until golden brown and puffed.
15. Drizzle the tarts with the pluot chutney and sprinkle with the walnuts
5:00pm - 7:00pm
The UAE’s alternative take on news, entertainment and sport. Join Chris, Robbie and Sonal as they cut through the clutter to bring you the news, entertainment and sport stories that actually matter.
7:00pm - 8:00pm
Chris & Robbie bring you the latest from the sporting world plus interviews with upcoming and legendary sporting stars.
Meet Jamie McDonald a.k.a. Adventureman whose record-breaking exploits are all for a good cause.
Excitement builds ahead of the mega event.