Prep time: 5 minutes (plus freezing time)
Cook time: 15 minutes
For the oyster miso seaweed butter:
2 nori sheets
250g unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 tbsp miso paste
4 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp ginger
For the steaks:
2 x 400g SpinneysFOOD Grass-Fed Beef Rib-Eye Steaks
2 tbsp SpinneysFOOD Mediterranean Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp SpinneysFOOD Sea Salt Flakes
1 tsp SpinneysFOOD Black Pepper
- To make the butter, tear the nori sheets and place all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse, scraping down the sides occasionally, until well combined. Place in plastic wrap and shape into a log. Chill in the freezer for 6 hours until firm. (Leftover butter can be frozen for up to 3 months).
- Remove the steaks from the fridge at least 30 minutes before cooking to bring them up to room temperature, this helps them to cook more evenly.
- Prepare a barbecue to medium heat or place a frying pan over medium heat.
- Rub the steaks with olive oil and season each side with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Grill or pan-fry the steaks for 6 minutes per side to get them to medium-rare. In the last 2 minutes, add 100g of the butter into the pan, basting the steaks with the butter until the steaks are ready.
- Remove from the grill or pan and rest, covered in foil, for 8-10 minutes before serving.