On this week's Farmer's Kitchen presented by Spinneys, Helen is in the kitchen with Chef Vikas Milhoutra, Executive chef of the Taj Hotel. He's cooking up some Keralan tastiness. This grilled masala fish is so flavoursome with beautiful curried tones with a sweet topping.
All the ingredients are available in your local Spinneys store and the recipe is available below. Listen to Farmer's Kitchen on Fridays at 10am to hear Helen create this dish and hear stories from the chef and experts in Spinneys to talk about all the fresh ingredients used. It's a foodie lovers favourite on Dubai Eye 103.8. Now it's time to get cooking...
Making Masala Grilled Fish on Farmer's Kitchen
Farmer's Kitchen has gone Indian this week! Chef Vikas Milhoutra from Taj Hotel is using our fresh Spinneys Dubai ingredients to make Grilled Masala Fish with the tastiest curried sauce! Get the recipe here... https://www.dubaieye1038.com/recipes/grilled-masala-fish-recipe/ Thanks to Depachika for letting us cook this amazing food in their kitchens!Posted by Dubai Eye 103.8 News. Talk. Sport on Saturday, February 29, 2020
Prep Time – 30 mins
Cooking time 45 mins
• 4 Seabass fillets
• 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
• salt as required
• 1/2 cup besan ( chickpea flour)
• 1/2 teaspoon powdered Kashmiri red chili
• ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon coriander powder
• 2 cup refined oil ( coconut oil )
• Egg white of 1 free range egg
1. 1 1/2 inch ginger
2. 6 cloves garlic
3. 2 tablespoon lemon juice
4. 1 raw mango
5. 1 tablespoon tamarind water
6. 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
7. 3 tablespoon coconut oil
8. 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
9. 4 medium onion
10. 4 green chili
11. 6 cherry tomato
12. 1 teaspoon turmeric
13. 2 sprigs curry leaves
14. 15 baby potato
15. 2 avocado
16. 5 strawberry
17. Micro cress – coriander ,amaranth
18. Fresh coriander
19. ½ tea spoon chaat masala
20. ½ teaspoon Himalayan black salt
21. ½ teaspoon cumin powder
1. Clean the fish fillets and dry with kitchen towel. Marinate with turmeric, chili powder, lime juice and egg white. allow to marinate for 30 minutes .
2. Just before pan frying sprinkle gram flour to bid the spices and flavors
3. Warm 2 table spoons of oil in a frying pan. When the temperature is hot enough add the fish fillets and cook on either side for 2-3 minutes. If the fillet is too thick place in a pre-heated oven at 160 C for 3- 4 minutes.
4. Boil the potatoes with the skin in salted water till half done. Take out and allow to cool .Cut in halves or quarters if too large.
5. Add oil to a frying pan with chopped ginger and garlic followed by cumin and turmeric powder and slit green chilly .Allow the turmeric to lose its oil which will take a minute or so. .Add 2 tablespoons of oil followed by the potatoes.
6. The liquid allows the potatoes to be evenly coated with the spices and also to finish off the balance cooking .Once done leave aside.
7. For the curry add oil to the sauce pan and sauté the sliced onions until translucent Then add the mustard seeds and curry leaf .Once the leaves start splattering add the turmeric powder to lose its oil.
8. Add coconut milk approx. 250 ml and allow to simmer till it thickens up .Half way through add cherry tomato halves .raw mango. Check for consistency and remove.
9. For the chaat cut the strawberry and avocado to small dices and toss in a bowl with dried spices – chaat masala ,rock salt ,chili powder, lime juice
10. For plating portion the chaat in a small ring mould on the plate at 12 o’ clock
11. For finishing of the plate take a hollow ring mould and place in the Centre of the plate. Spoon in the potatoes and remove the ring .Place the fish fillets on top of this and lace the sauce over.
12. Serve hot garnished with micro cress.
6:00am - 7:00am
Dubai Eye complements the conversation with the music you love from the eighties, nineties and newer.
7:00am - 1:00pm
Hear the highlights from the week gone by on Dubai Eye 103.8. Listen again to the best interviews, advice and the top stories that has gripped our conversation this week.