This week on Farmer's Kitchen Cooking Class with Spinneys, Chef Hind Al Mulla of Home Bakery makes Chocolate soufflé!
- 150g caster sugar
- 12 eggs
- 150g Lindt dark 70% chocolate
- 150g Lindt milk chocolate
- 20g corn starch
- 300g milk
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 100g of raw natural hazelnuts
- 100g Icing sugar
- Place the chocolate in a round bottom bowl and on a bain marie (place the bowl on a pot that has simmering water) and let the chocolate melt gently.
- Roughly chop the hazelnuts or place in a food processor just to get small nibs.
- Place the hazelnut nibs on a baking tray with baking paper and roast for 5-7 min at 190c until golden brown.
- Prep the soufflé ramekins, brush them with room temp butter in an upwards motion and dust with caster sugar, knock off any excess.
- In another pot place the milk and corn starch and get to a gentle boil (it should thicken).
- Pour the hot milk mixture over the chocolate and whisk until combined.
- Temper the egg yolks and mix in the chocolate mixture.
- Whisk your egg whites and slowly add the caster sugar until stiff peaks.
- Take about a quarter of the egg whites and whisk in the chocolate.
- Change to a spatula and fold in the egg whites gently.
- Place mixture into a piping bag and pipe into the ramekins.
- Level out the top with a spatula.
- Bake at a 190c preheated oven for 8 min.
- Dust with icing sugar, decorate with toasted hazelnuts, and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.