Dubai Airports is gearing up for an exceptionally busy period with as many as 1.8 million travellers expected to pass through DXB over the next 11 days.
December 4 is expected to be the busiest day with passenger numbers likely to surpass the 190,000 mark.
Airport officials have urged travellers to keep track of the latest regulations and to make sure their documents are in order.
They have also called on passengers to use online and self-service options wherever possible.
"Those travelling during this peak period can make their journey smooth and comfortable by following a few simple tips," said Essa Al Shamsi, Vice President of Terminal Operations at Dubai Airports.
- Be aware of the latest travel regulations for the destination you are travelling to. We urge passengers to get in touch with their respective airlines and ensure that they have all the necessary documents with the required validity before reaching the airport.
- Plan some extra time to get to and through the airport as the roads to DXB could get busy during peak times.
- Arrive at the airport no earlier than 3 hours before your departure if you are flying out of Terminal 1. Those departing from Terminal 3 can beat the queues by check-in up to 24 hours ahead of their departure.
- Use online and self-service options wherever available to get off to a smooth start to your journey.
- Say your goodbyes at home as only ticketed passengers will be allowed to enter the departure zone during peak hours throughout this busy period.