This Rose and Saffron Thandai is a refreshing delight for the festival of Holi. Chef Vikas Milhouthra and Helen are in Farmer's Kitchen using Spinneys amazing ingredients to make this delicious beverage. Check out the recipe below.
Rose & Saffron Thandai
Thandai is a popular drink, enjoyed at this time of year around Holi. Helen creates a Rose and Saffron variation in the kitchen with Chef Vikas Milhoutra from Taj Hotel Dubai Listen to Farmer's Kitchen presented by Spinneys Dubai every Friday from 10am and get the recipe online at dubaieye1038.com. Recorded at the fabulous kitchens at Depachika in Nakheel MallPosted by Dubai Eye 103.8 News. Talk. Sport on Thursday, March 5, 2020
• Full Fat Milk 500 ml
• Low fat milk 500 ml
• 10 no almonds
• 15 no Pistachio
• 3 tablespoon fennel seeds
• 2 teaspoon melon seed
• 250 ml full cream milk
• 3 teaspoon sugar
• 2 drops rose essence
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon green cardamom
• 1/4 cup ice cubes
• 50 gm rose petals
• 2 teaspoon rose syrup Or Gulkhand
• Saffron 1gram
• Gold Leaf – 1 sheet
1. Boil milk in a bowl and soak saffron strands in it. Allow it to sit for 15 - 20 minutes. Soaking saffron strands in hot milk releases its color and flavor.
2. Stir and keep aside until it gets a pale yellow colour.
3. Add all the other nuts and spices in a blender and grind to a coarse powder. Traditionally this is done with mortar and pestle if available.
4. Bring milk to a boil and add the ground spices slowly to extract flavor .While the spices are being added allow the milk to stay on simmer.
5. Keep stirring and continue this for upto 5 minutes and take aside .Then add the rose essence (gulkhand) or if not available then add rose water. Finish off with the saffron soaked in milk
6. Refrigerate for a couple of hours until chilled .Pour in a glass and garnish with slivers of dried nuts and small flakes of gold leaf
7:00am - 11:00am
Keeping you updated, this is The Business Breakfast, setting your agenda for the day. You're listening to Dubai Eye, live on Dubai One
11:00am - 2:00pm
Enjoy your favourite music back to back commercial free, tune in to the Music Mix everyday from 1 until 2 for the music you love and the news updates you need
Chris & Robbie chat with the legend over Zoom to find out how he feels about his staggering success and he gives us a few words of wisdom.
How soon will it be? How is progress? Why so long? We ask the questions to Pfizer.