This Rose and Saffron Thandai is a refreshing delight for the festival of Holi. Chef Vikas Milhouthra and Helen are in Farmer's Kitchen using Spinneys amazing ingredients to make this delicious beverage. Check out the recipe below.
Rose & Saffron Thandai
Thandai is a popular drink, enjoyed at this time of year around Holi. Helen creates a Rose and Saffron variation in the kitchen with Chef Vikas Milhoutra from Taj Hotel Dubai Listen to Farmer's Kitchen presented by Spinneys Dubai every Friday from 10am and get the recipe online at dubaieye1038.com. Recorded at the fabulous kitchens at Depachika in Nakheel MallPosted by Dubai Eye 103.8 News. Talk. Sport on Thursday, March 5, 2020
• Full Fat Milk 500 ml
• Low fat milk 500 ml
• 10 no almonds
• 15 no Pistachio
• 3 tablespoon fennel seeds
• 2 teaspoon melon seed
• 250 ml full cream milk
• 3 teaspoon sugar
• 2 drops rose essence
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon green cardamom
• 1/4 cup ice cubes
• 50 gm rose petals
• 2 teaspoon rose syrup Or Gulkhand
• Saffron 1gram
• Gold Leaf – 1 sheet
1. Boil milk in a bowl and soak saffron strands in it. Allow it to sit for 15 - 20 minutes. Soaking saffron strands in hot milk releases its color and flavor.
2. Stir and keep aside until it gets a pale yellow colour.
3. Add all the other nuts and spices in a blender and grind to a coarse powder. Traditionally this is done with mortar and pestle if available.
4. Bring milk to a boil and add the ground spices slowly to extract flavor .While the spices are being added allow the milk to stay on simmer.
5. Keep stirring and continue this for upto 5 minutes and take aside .Then add the rose essence (gulkhand) or if not available then add rose water. Finish off with the saffron soaked in milk
6. Refrigerate for a couple of hours until chilled .Pour in a glass and garnish with slivers of dried nuts and small flakes of gold leaf
2:00pm - 7:00pm
Hear the highlights from the week gone by on Dubai Eye 103.8. Listen again to the best interviews, advice and the top stories that has gripped our conversation this week.
7:00pm - 11:00pm
Dubai Eye complements the conversation with the music you love from the eighties, nineties and newer.
A report from Bayzat, an HR software, says that there's been a 38% increase in the amount employees are claiming back in fuel charges.
H.E. Ibrahim Al Qassim, Deputy Director General of the UAE Space Agency joined us to explain what it would take for more people to be able to go into space.
A CBRE report says rents have risen by around 20% in Dubai. But what is the reality?
Talking about the economics of Halloween with the General Manager of Spinneys, Tom Harvey. We asked how inflation is affecting the supermarket industry in the UAE.
Dr. Krishna Prasad, President of the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers Middle East Chapter explains what the drop in prices & easing of port congestion could mean for our packages and deliveries.