INGREDIENTS AND METHOD
INGREDIENTS for Jerk Chicken
- 600 g whole Chicken cut in quarters
- 120 g White Onion
- 90 g HABANERO CHILLI
- 45 g Pimento Berries (All Spice)
- 50 g Spring Onion
- 90 g Fresh Thyme
- 70 g Garlic
- 30g Ginger
- 200 ml Soy Sauce
- 20 g knorr Chicken Stock Powder
METHOD for Jerk Chicken
- Blend all seasoning together.
- Poor over chicken and let rest (overnight).
- Grill over low heat until done.
INGREDIENTS for Fried Plantains
- 250 ml corn oil
- 1 PC yellow plantain
METHOD for Fried Plantains
- Peel and slice plantains into desired thickness
- Pour oil in a sauce or use a deep fryer if available
- Heat oil to 160 degrees Celsius
- Add plantains and fry until golden brown
INGREDIENTS for Rice & Peas
- .5 ltr water (as needed)
- 200 g Cooked Red Kidney Beans
- 100 g Coconut Milk Powder
- 10 g Fresh Thyme Chopped
- 50 g white Onion Chopped
- 20 g Scallion Chopped
- 15g Garlic Chopped Fine
- 7g Ginger Chopped Fine
- 10 g Habanero chilli
- 15g Salt
- 5 g Allspice
- 10g Sugar
- 14 g Corn Oil
- 120 g Jasmine Rice
- 70 ml Coconut Oil
METHOD for Rice & Peas
- In a sauce pot add corn oil and sweat onion, scallion, thyme, garlic and ginger for 5 minutes
- Add water, coconut milk powder, salt, sugar, scotch bonnet pepper, allspice powder, coconut oil and cooked kidney beans, then bring to a boil.
- Wash jasmine rice and add to the boiling Bean mixture.
- Cook for 45 minutes covered on low heat.
- Alternatively add rice to cooker pour bean mixture and press cook.