It's coming up to Mother's Day and we're all having to spend more time at home. So order an online shop with these simple ingredients from your local Spinneys and you and the kids can create 1-2-3 cookies, because it's as easy as 1-2-3!
We were joined in Farmer's Kitchen by Andrew Alexander from 1762 Bakery. He used Spinneys ingredients to show us this amazing activity to keep the kids busy and which makes for a perfect Mother's Day treat.
Check out the recipe below!
Fun and simple cookies to make at home for Mum!
If you need something to do with the kids these weekend for Mother's Day, get ordering these ingredients from Spinneys Dubai and make these fantastically fun and simple cookies. Chef Andrew Alexander from 1762 joins Helen in Farmer's Kitchen at Depachika Get the full recipe here... https://www.dubaieye1038.com/recipes/1-2-3-cookies-to-bake-at-home/ Listen to Farmer's Kitchen every Friday from 10am 😋Posted by Dubai Eye 103.8 News. Talk. Sport on Thursday, March 19, 2020
1.Using your hands, or a mixer with the paddle/beater attachment fitted, slowly mix the ingredients together until the dairy-free spread is rubbed into the mix (as you would for scones).
2. Once the mixture looks like yellow sand, you can mix slightly faster/more until the dough comes together in a cohesive ball.
3. Stop mixing as soon as it comes together as overmixing will result in a tough, hard cookie.
4. Wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for 30-60 min.
5. Remove dough from chiller and roll on a floured surface (using corn flour) to the desired thickness ( I suggest 5-10mm).
6. Cut out your shapes and arrange on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
7. (optional) Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar or granulated sugar before baking.
8. Bake at 175C for 8-10 minutes (time will depend on thickness of dough) or until lightly golden brown. (the cookie will firm up as it cools down).
9. Ice/decorate as you like.
10. Eat all the cookies.
11:00am - 2:00pm
No one knows entertainment better than veteran Dubai broadcaster Mark Lloyd.
2:00pm - 5:00pm
Every weekday afternoon, Helen Farmer will help you to navigate the highs and lows of life in the UAE. Stay up to date with what’s happening and where to go.