On this week's episode of Farmer's Kitchen presented by Spinneys, Helen is joined in the kitchen with Mandana Shabani from Brambles. She's creating some beautiful pizzas with toppings that you don't see everyday.
Using fresh produce from Spinneys you can re-create these at home. Watch the episode below to see how it happens and get the ingredients and recipe below.
Thankyou to the Hyatt Regency Dubai Creek Heights for allowing us to cook in their amazing kitchens at Al Manzil.
Trio Of Pizzas in Farmer's Kitchen
On this week's episode of Farmer's Kitchen presented by Spinneys Dubai, Helen is once again joined by Mandana Shabani from Brambles Dubai to create a trio of pizzas. Not your everyday pizzas, These toppings will blow you away! We used the incredible live cooking stations at Al Manzil at Hyatt Regency Dubai Creek HeightsPosted by Dubai Eye 103.8 News. Talk. Sport on Wednesday, November 13, 2019
Pizza dough (makes 3 pizzas)
1. Mix yeast with water and set aside to bloom.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add flour, salt and mix well.
3. Add yeast water mixture slowly and start to mix by hand. Add olive oil. Mix gently and set aside for 1 hour.
4. After 1 hour, set up a floured work surface to knead your dough. Place dough on floured surface and start kneading until smooth. 15-20 minutes.
5. Place dough in a bowl and cover with fabric and allow to proof for 24 hours.
6. Cut dough into 3 even pieces. And make into rounds. Set up your work surface by flouring it and flatten your pizza dough by hand, working from the centre to the outer edges.
7. Brush with olive oil, minced garlic and bake at 200 for 15 minutes.
NB. This dough base can also be topped with traditional ingredients prior to baking
Variation 1: Avocado Pizza
1. For the avocado, mash avocado, lime juice in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Store in the fridge.
2. For the “Good Seeds” mix black and white sesame, flax, sunflower and pumpkin seeds and set aside.
3. Top cooked pizza base with mashed avocado. Then start assembling the toppings to your liking. Sprinkle tomato, pickled onion, jalapenos, radish and good seeds mix.
Finish with a healthy sprinkling of coriander.
Variation 2: Shakshuka & Kale Pizza
For the kale borani:
For the shakshuka sauce
For the Kale Zhoug:
1. For the borani, mix all ingredients in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Store in the fridge.
2. For the shakshuka, heat oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, bay leaves, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, cumin, salt. Cook, stirring often, until onion is soft, about 8 minutes. Add tomato paste; stir and cook for another 2 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes, paprika, cayenne, and coriander to pot; cover simmer on low for 30 minutes. Keep warm.
3. For the kale zhoug, combine all ingredients except for olive oil in food processor. Once pureed, hand whisk olive oil and store in fridge.
4. For the eggs, combine the oil and chilli flakes in a skillet and heat on high. Once the oil is nice and hot, break 2 eggs in and allow to fry up with crispy edges. Spoon over the chilli oil over the top to cook whites all the way through.
5. Top pizza dough base with kale borani, shakshuka sauce, chilli fried eggs. Drizzle kale zhoug over the top and finish with rocket eaves.
Variation 3 - Butternut Squash & Lemon Ricotta pizza Serves 1-2
Preheat oven to 180C.
1. Mix squash slices with olive oil, red pepper flakes, olive oil, and thyme and toss well. Place on an oven safe tray, be careful not to have the slices touching. Place in oven for 15-20 minutes or until squash is cooked through and caramelised.
2. For the Maple Onion Jam, place a large frying pan on low/medium heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and add onions, salt, pepper and stir often to get even colour. Once onions are golden, add maple syrup and apple cider vinegar. Continue to cook on low heat until onions turn into a sticky, jam consistency.
3. Mix ricotta, lemon zest, black pepper and lemon pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
4. To assemble the pizza, top the cooked pizza base with Maple Onion Jam. Top with dollops of lemon ricotta mixture. Layer squash slices, and finish the dish with pomegranate, torn mint leaves, and toasted pecans.
6:00am - 10:00am
The Business Breakfast is the day’s must listen for the UAE’s business leaders, and those who aspire to be.
10:00am - 1:00pm
Broadcasting every weekday, Georgia Tolley goes beyond the headlines to speak to government ministers, decision makers, analysts and local experts to find out how the news will impact those of us living in the UAE.
John Lyons of Espace Real Estate says there is a slight slowdown in the property market during summer. So we asked him, does this mean prices are negotiable during the summer months?
Lawyer Rebecca Kelly of Clyde & Co. explained why UAE judicial authorities are setting up new offices to deal with financial crime, including money laundering.
Airalo - an eSim company disrupting telco's roaming revenues, has raised $60 million in funding including investment from our own e&.
It sounds like an episode of The Jetsons, but the sight of flying taxis whizzing around our cities could be much closer than you think.
The UAE has said that tougher penalties will come into force from 1st August for not keeping proper corporate tax records.