Dubai Airports is gearing up for an upsurge in the number of passengers expected to pass through Dubai International (DXB) over the next few days.
From January 1 to January 7, an estimated 545,000 passengers are expected to use DXB, with January 2 and January 3 being the busiest days of the week with more than 78,000 departing passengers.
Considering that travel requirements have changed globally due to the Covid-19 pandemic, Dubai Airports strongly urges all customers to follow guidelines:
- Always check with airlines for information on travel requirements specific to the journey
- Confirm the terminal of the flight before coming to the airport.
- Make sure to meet the travel requirements of the country travelling to (including a negative PCR test report before the start of their journey).
- Ensure wearing a protective face mask and maintain physical distancing at the airport at all times.
- Abstain from travelling and seek medical advice if experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Ensure that travel documents (passport and Visa) are updated and valid before heading to the airport
- Say goodbyes at home to help avoid crowding at the terminal forecourt.
- Entry is limited to ticketed passengers only and well-wishers will not be permitted to enter the terminals.
Meanwhile, Dubai Airports is working closely with its service and commercial partners including 50 plus international carriers, some 90 food and beverage and retail concessionaires, and control and health authorities, to ensure the well-being and comfort of the customers.
Dubai Airports has implemented a series of precautionary measures throughout the airport to maintain the health and safety of customers and staff.