Authorities in Abu Dhabi have confirmed three fires broke out at the Borouge Petrochemicals Factory on Sunday due to fallen debris from air defence interceptions.
In a post on social media, Abu Dhabi Media Office said emergency response teams acted swiftly to bring the situation under control.
The incident resulted in no injuries but damage has occurred at the site and an assessment is ongoing.
Earlier, authorities said operations at the plant were suspended because of the fires.
Abu Dhabi Office also advised the public to obtain information only from official sources and to avoid circulating rumors or unverified information.said operations at the facility have been suspended while damage is assessed.
As part of the ongoing follow up to the previously reported incident at Borouge petrochemicals plant, caused by falling debris following the successful interception by air defences, authorities confirm that three fires broke out and emergency response teams acted swiftly to bring…
— مكتب أبوظبي الإعلامي (@ADMediaOffice) April 5, 2026

No school fee increase in Dubai for next academic year
UAE calls for action as Iran continues to violate UN resolution
Car impounded after Dubai driver caught for dangerous stunts
Dubai announces free parking over Eid Al Adha holidays
H.H. Sheikh Mohammed issues law on Dubai antiquities, archeological sites
