Two firefighters were found dead in South Korea and two were missing as more than 20 wildfires flared across the nation on Saturday, including the deadly one in the southeast of the Korean Peninsula.
Acting President Choi Sang-mok urged all-out efforts to extinguish the fire before sunset as wildfires were spreading rapidly due to strong winds.
The dead firefighters were attempting to quell a fire in South Gyeongsang province that began on Friday and had affected 680 acres as of Saturday afternoon. More than 200 residents had been evacuated.
The South Korean government declared the region a disaster area on Saturday evening.

Tehran reviewing latest US response as Trump suggests he can wait
UN condemns Israeli decision to establish military facilities in East Jerusalem
Canada PM Carney says Israel's treatment of Gaza flotilla members is 'abominable'
Tankers exit Hormuz as Trump, Vance talk up Iran deal prospects
SpaceX aims for 10,000 annual launches within five years, FAA says
