Here's how to re-create Chef Elias's Crunchy Coconut Rice.
- 3 Cups Egyptian Calrose Rice (Sunwhite Brand)
- 2 Cups Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Water
- 5 Pieces Red Capsicum (Diced)
- 5 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 2 Shallots (Minced)
- 2 Cups Finely Chopped Coriander
- 2 Cups Finely Chopped Parsley
- 2 Cups Chopped Roasted Walnuts Green Onions for Garnish
- Add Rice, Coconut milk and two pinches of salt to a medium saucepan. Cook rice at low heat covered until liquid is fully absorbed (around 18-20 minutes).
- In a separate saucepan, heat up sunflower oil and once hot add garlic and shallots. Once the garlic is brown, add the red pepper and cook till soft with a little crunch
- Add the coriander, mint and toasted walnuts
- Mix the rice with crunchy mix. Add Ghee Butter
- Garnish with Green Onions