Serves 6 generously, 8 as part of a buffet
- 1 cup of dried freekeh, cleaned, boiled and cooled
- 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup pitted black olives
- 200g Greek feta, cubed into small pieces
- 2 cups fresh green zaatar, of the stalks
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cups finely chopped flat leaf parsley, stalks removed
- 1/2 cup of whole mint leaves, not chopped, off the stalks
- 6 tbsp pomegranate molasses (or velour de balsamic- a thick, reduced balsamic vinegar)
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 tsp salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place in a glass jar or container with a tight fitting lid and shake until well homogenized.
- The ingredients can be prepared a few hours in advance, kept in airtight containers in the fridge.
- To prepare the salad, place all the ingredients in a big bowl and toss well to mix.
- Just before serving, add the dressing and mix well to combine.